Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Happiest Day...

Monday, October 9th was truly one of the happiest days of my life. My beautiful and incredibly strong wife, Kathryn gave birth to our first child, a son named Joel. He's the most adorable and sweet baby you've ever seen. We just got home from the hospital this afternoon, and so I missed blogging this week's Heroes and Friday Night Lights. Trust you'll all forgive the interruption in the blog on this occasion...

I guess I just wanted to share with all my readers the deep emotional joy and euphoria I feel at having this blessed, healthy son in our midst. In a silly way, I had hoped he'd arrive on a special day for me (Friday the 13th...), but seeing him here in my office nursing with Kathryn (right next to a cardboard stand-up of Captain James T. Kirk...) , I realize every day for the rest of my life will be very special indeed, and filled with love.

Don't worry, I won't blog here about breast-feeding or diaper changes - at least not often - but for today at least, I just couldn't keep this joy to myself...

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Kathryn!!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two will be such awesome parents! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:17 PM

    I had a feeling that when the heroes update wasn't up, there was good news. Congratulations, and I can't wait to meet the little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Welcome to Earth, Joel!
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations.

    Babies - important. Blogging - not so much. Although there are probably opportunities to post when you're up for those 2 a.m. feedings; when baby is up everyone is up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and best wishes for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for your casting addition from all of me in Toobworld.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:32 AM

    What could be cooler for a boy than to grow up with a dad who collects action figures and has an amazing collection of movies and TV shows, including cartoons? The only problem will be when John tells Joel that he can't take those mint-in-package toys down from the shelf and play with them.
    John, make sure you expose Joel to a wide variety of the best and worst in our genre. And, when he gets older, you can show him "Black Scorpion," which, as we know, is "feces," as a way of making up for all the diapers you will have changed over the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the congratulations, my friends.

    Now, Bobby - Joel may be ready for a cameo in THB Season Two: The Armageddon. He can already spit-up on cue...and cry. If you write in those talents, you have a winner...

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...