Tuesday, June 26, 2007

King Kong over the Years

A couple of weeks ago, while we were shooting the second season of The House Between, my friend and fellow film scholar Kevin Flanagan coined a phrase I hadn't heard before: "threemakes." He began discussing films that had been re-made twice already, and mentioned as an example, Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I immediately thought of King Kong. Just for fun, below you will see how King Kong (and his tale...) changed with the decades (the thirties; the seventies; and 2005). Also, this exercise serves, I submit, as a pretty good study of how movie trailers have changed with the times too.


Which King Kong do you think is the best film? And - as a separate question - which is your favorite Kong?






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...