Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chillers and Thrillers Looks at Eaten Alive at a Chainsaw Massacre: The Films of Tobe Hooper


My 2003 reference and film study book Eaten Alive at a Chainsaw Massacre: The Films of Tobe Hooper (McFarland) gets excavated and examined in "Building Horror and Suspense Tobe Hooper’s Way," a new, in-depth article by Gary Pullman over at the excellent blog Chillers and Thrillers, a site "on the theory and practice of writing horror fiction."

Here's a snippet:

"In Eaten Alive at a Chainsaw Massacre: The Films of Tobe Hooper, John Kenneth Muir explains some of the narrative and symbolic devices that Hooper uses in his film, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), to build horror and suspense..."

1 comment:

  1. Most excellent, now I have two new things to add to the reading list!

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...