8. Caesar, Conquest/Battle for the POTA (made one great and one bad movie much better by sheer force of will and an inspired, anti-Cornelius performance by Roddy McDowall)
7. Marty McFly, Back to the Future (my true hero as a kid)
6. Optimus Prime, Animated Transformers/The Movie (not the Bay version. Everyone from my generation needs no explanation)
4. Ellen Ripley, Alien, Aliens, et al (I think all four Alien films are great ... yes, even Resurrection ... and the main reason for that is the every-woman quality that Ripley is ... she is, essentially, us ... but she can pilot big robot things).
2. Mike Nelson, MST3K (I originally would put Joel Robinson here but he never got to star in a/the movie. I wouldn't be interested in movies, books, space, comedy, writing, puppetry, politics ... anything ... without Joel or Mike however!)
1. Fox Mulder, The X-Files (hardly any fictional character in ANY genre made me want to believe what he wanted to believe)