Monday, January 06, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities #103


"What excited me was that there wasn't anything scary on television, and I was a Val Lewton fan who had this sense of scary movies that just chill you and sometimes you don't know why. I also felt that if I went for CBS, and said I'd like to do a drama about the bullshit going on in the CIA, they would say thank you, we'll call you. But if I made a science fiction film, nobody would notice. I got to do great stories about the evil in the world. In the fifties, a lot of this was sucked in just by breathing the air. I was able to do these movies that audience picked up on, and I began to get letters from young people who seemed to know what I was talking about."

- Joseph Stefano (1922 - 2006) discusses The Outer Limits (1963 - 1965).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...