Monday, April 14, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities #117



“Often when filming a scene I would give the editor the choice of a dark moment or a laugh. For better or worse, most of the laughs stayed in. Also, it is easier to scare the audience if you catch them off guard. Humor and horror go hand in hand for that reason. Critics are always going to criticize something, right?

-Robert Englund discusses Freddy, and how he went from “horror” to “humor” in the original A Nightmare on Elm Street film series, during an interview with Jason Spraggins at Yahoo Voices.com. (2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...