Monday, November 02, 2015

007 Week: Bond Tropes: Head Him Off at the Precipice! (The Ski Chase)


So, skiing is an athletic pastime of the rich, or a competitive sport, right?

Well, in the James Bond film canon, skiing is a matter of life and death, and a venue for action that recurs quite often.  Specifically, agent 007 often attempts to escape from bad guys by clipping on skis, and speeding away.

By my count, the ski chase has appeared in 007 films on half-a-dozen occasions, and in the sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties.  Here's hoping for a ski chase in SPECTRE (2015).

You can relive Bond's ski chases below, from Austria and Cortina to Siberia.  The ski chases have occurred in the Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan Epochs (so far).

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)




The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)




For Your Eyes Only (1981)





A View to a Kill (1985)

'


The Living Daylights (1987)

 


The World is Not Enough (1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...